Believe it or not, the way you insert your paper into the copier greatly determines the way your machine performs. Also, the KIND of paper that you use can have a huge effect on productivity and performance.
If you enjoy dealing with paper jams and calling service techs, then you can ignore this post and move on with your day. However, if the thought of dealing with a copier being down stresses you out, then follow these tips.
- Don’t fill your paper tray to the brim. Leave a little bit of room between the top of the tray and the top of the paper.
- Make sure the backstop inside the tray is pushed firmly up against the pile of paper, but not so much as to squish it.
- Before inserting a stack of paper into the machine, fan it.
- Keep paper in a clean, dry and well organized space.
- Don’t use cheap paper. Even the slightest irregularity in a standard paper size can cause jams.
Who knew paper was so complex? So, when it comes to paper…don’t go cheap and spend the time to load it correctly. It will end up saving you money in the long run.